A fire-starter is an essential tool for anyone who does frequent camping or any outdoor visits. In Modern days, people additionally carrying lighters for fire starting as they required as a survival kit.
However, the Magnesium based fire starting kits are on likes keychain or key holders, the most foolproof method which produces a fire in few seconds.
The Magnesium fire starter is also an excellent emergency tool to have in the event smoke signals to send when you lost or need rescuing.
After spending more than two weeks on research, surveying 200+ camping lovers and readers, spending a week interviewing 8 professionals and crowdsourcing opinions from enthusiasts, we have concluded that few of the below magnesium fire starter survival tools are the best for most people.
#1. Swiss Safe 5-in-1 Fire Starter with Compass, Paracord and Whistle (2-Pack) for Emergency Survival Kits, Camping, Hiking, All-Weather Magnesium Ferro Rod
- INSTANT FIRE: Start fires in any weather conditions, over 16k strikes at 5,500°F with Magnesium Rod
- GET 2 FIRE STARTERS: Each box includes 2 Fire Starters with unique design
- MULTI-TOOL DESIGN: Built-in compass, 150dB Whistle, Steel Scraper, 450LB 8core Paracord and Rod
- COMPACT & LIGHTWEIGHT: More reliable than matches or lighter, weighs less than 2 ounces, 5 inches long
- OUR PROMISE: Swiss Safe promises customer satisfaction and our items to be free of any manufacturer defects
#2. überleben Zünden Fire Starter - Traditional Ferro Rod, Handcrafted Wood Handle - 5/16", 3/8", & 1/2" Thick Fire Steel - 12,000-20,000 Strikes
- Ready to light up a campfire and feel the warmth of a timeless ritual? Look no further than our Zünden Fire Starter.
- Made from a special ferrocerium blend, it boasts both softness and durability and helps you start a fire with ease, even in wet weather or at a high altitude.
- The ergonomic, 100% hardwood handle provides a natural textured grip and a perfect balance as you strive to reach temperatures of up to 5,500F/3,000C.
- Plus, each fire rod comes with a mil-spec 550 paracord lanyard and a 6-function multi-tool, so you can have everything you need for a successful fire-lighting experience.
- Choose from three thickness options (Trad, Pro, or Fatty) and get ready to light up your next campfire!
#3. SE 2-in-1 All-Weather Magnesium Firestarter Kit - FS374
- This pocket-sized fire starter is the perfect companion for your next outdoor excursion.
- Crafted from 3″x1″ solid magnesium with a single-sided serrated striker, you can trust that it won’t let you down, no matter the weather.
- Plus, it comes with a detachable ball chain for easy attachment.
- Get ready for your next adventure knowing you have a reliable fire source in your pocket.
HOW TO START A FIRE WITH A MAGNESIUM FIRE STARTER?
Several companies involved in the process of making the magnesium blocks as the fire starters. Here I am going to explain to you that how to start a fire with a magnesium fire starter? The magnesium parts consist of two main sections as the magnesium that we scrape for tinder, then the small flint rod glued at the side of the block.
- Prepare fire site – the first thing is to pick the spot that appropriates for fire, then consider the factors like fire safety, precipitation, as well as the access to camping or cooking.
- Collect wood and tinder – base of the fire should be completely dry in condition, such as the bark of the dead tree. Then can find some dry grass or some twigs than the matchstick or fewer sapwood is enough to do the thing. Add all these things as the same place which will be more helpful.
- Shave magnesium – you can also use the decent knife to grind the magnesium into one place and make ready to add to the tinder. Take your time to build up the decent pile about the size of a quarter.
- Spark the blaze – sparks are made just on the opposite side of the magnesium block by rasping the blade against the rod. Try the process sooner within the few minutes to tend to be successful.
- Build a fire – when the light falls on the magnesium, you will get the short-lived fire when that thing gets to fall on the grass gets easily flammable.
WHY MAGNESIUM FIRE STARTER AND BEST FOR CAMPERS?
The fire starter is the process which we are using for longer, in fact from the ancient period. Yes, we are in the period that without using the Fire we can’t expect anything to burn, toast or cooking. It mainly plays the major role for all the commercial free purpose. All we have that the matchsticks to burn at any time, but also we should be planned for the backup. During this time, the fire starter will lead you to the solution. At this stage, the magnesium fire starter using as a backup fire starter for an emergency.
WHAT IS A MAGNESIUM FIRE STARTER MADE FROM?
One must know that the usage of magnesium fire starter is the best option to start up the fire without making any delay on time. It is the kind of starter that will help you work even during the windy environment. One must think that how the starter is made and how it helps the users during the crucial time. Thus the magnesium fire starter mainly contains the magnesium that is very smooth and soft to handle. It also acts as a flammable metal which also helps to cut and smoothly shaved by the knife at anytime from anywhere.
HOW IS IT MADE?
The users for the magnesium fire starter are more across the world. One should know that the tiny part of the hacksaw blade which is mainly attached to the product. It is primarily smooth the progress of scraping the striker bar as well as the magnesium. Also, the striker bar is gradually connected to the one side of the block of magnesium to fire up. The process is once the magnesium is shaved off with the blade, it will help to bring out the fire at any time.
EASY TO HANDLE
Thus the magnesium fire starter has the potential to ignite even in the windy environment. It is also very easy to handle by the users at any stage with a compact size and weight. By using this fire starter, you can quickly bring out the spark and make it use for many shaves.
Thus the ferrocerium placed rod attached to one side and the metal blade on the other side. Once the user starts to shave each other, it will help to bring out the fire spark. The process will contribute to burning the paper or wood further at any time. Yes, one may feel to start the fire starter, even they feel difficult to bring the fire in the beginning stage. Once it clicks, the process will make them very easy to handle during the time of emergency for campers. The campers wherever they travel it will be useful for them to handle.
It is very easy to use at any time by the campers. You can buy at the very affordable price. For the information, it is very easy to handle with less weight, and that is around only 20 grams. These outstanding features make this product very handy.
HOW TO USE MAGNESIUM EMERGENCY FIRE STARTER IN A SURVIVAL SITUATION?
Magnesium, Nature’s safe fire starter
The Magnesium is the seventh common element in the earth crust, but you don’t expect to stumble upon the some in the wild while you are starting to build a fire. It is the highly reactive element, and it is light in weight but strong.
Right location for a fire
Every place is not suitable for fire. Initially, you have to find the select the suitable position for a fire as sometimes it leads to the big issue. Try to locate the place free from wind and breeze because it can spread the fire quickly. Moreover, choose the right place that is very nearer to fuel supply area.
Prepare the fire site
After choosing the right place, you have to prepare the area for a fire. You have to clean the area in order the avoid spreading the fire. In case, if you can’t get out of the wind, you have to prepare the windbreak for the fire.
Gather the supplies
Now you have to collect the sufficient quantity of timber, fuel, kindling to develop the fire for a long time as much as you need.
Build the structure
With the help of the supplies that you have collected, make the fire making the structure to receive the ember. People can use the following three primary structures such as the teepee, the lean-to, and the log cabin.
Prepare the tinder bundle
After that make the tinder bundle used to catch the sparks from the fire starter.
Shave the magnesium
By using the knife, cut some magnesium. Smaller pieces of the magnesium work efficiently.
Deliver the spark
With the help of the knife or multi-tool, you have to strike the spark which ignites the magnesium on the tinder bundle.
Nurture the flame
Once the spark lands on the magnesium flakes, they will burn bright and hot. Then you have to carefully move the lit tinder and add ingredients to build dire for the long duration.
SO, DO I RECOMMEND CAMPERS TO BUY MAGNESIUM FIRE STARTER? YES
ALSO CHECK THESE MAGNESIUM FERRO ROD FIRE STARTERS IN THE MARKET,
1. AOFAR Fire Starter AF-381/AF-381plus Fire Steel with Paracord and Whistle for Camping, Hiking, Hunting, Backpacking, Boating, Emergency Rescue
- If you’re looking for a reliable fire starter that works in even the toughest weather conditions? Look no further than AOFAR’s All Weather Fire Starters!
- Each box comes with two fire starters that can be used thousands of times and are accompanied by a 3-inch unique design scraper,
- a 5-inch rod, match survival ropes, a compass, and an emergency whistle.
- The red waxed flax in the waterproof fire tinder makes it easy to start a fire even in heavy rain.
- AOFAR stands by their product and offers a 2-year limited warranty and lifetime customer support.
- Get your fire starters today and be prepared for anything!
2. AOFAR Magnesium Fire Starter AF-374 (2-Pack) Waterproof Fire Steel Pouch for Camping, Hiking, Hunting, Backpacking,Outdoor Survival fire Striker kit
- Magnesium rod is easily scraped off with striker,and is ignited by sparks from the flint,start fires in any weather conditions.
- FIRE STARTERS : Each box includes 2 Magnesium Fire Starters can be used thousands of times.
- Waterproof Fire Steel：Solid magnesium fuel bar with flint 3” x1”,steel scraper3”,Fire Paracord Outdoor Survival Ropes.
- The red waxed flax in Paracord waterproof fire tinder can make instant fire even in heavy rain.
- 100% Satisfaction Promise: AOFAR provide 2 years limited warranty and lifetime customer support.
3. Premium Ferro Rod Fire Starter - Gift Box 6", 4 1/2" Ferrocerium Rod Survival Kit - 3 in 1 Magnesium Flint and Steel Set with Paracord & Scraper - Lightweight Emergency Camping Tool
Looking for the perfect gift for the outdoor enthusiast in your life? Look no further than this deluxe ferro rod kit,
complete with a gift box for presentation! this ferrocerium rod is carefully engineered to provide maximum quality and reliability, making it the ideal choice for any camping, hunting, fishing, trekking, or hiking adventure.
The ferro rod is highly durable and easy to use, so you won’t have to worry about it breaking after a few uses.
Its accompanying ferro scraper can double as a ruler or bottle opener, while the included military-grade paracord adds an extra layer of safety.
Don’t love your purchase? No problem! this ferro rod kit comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee, so you can rest assured knowing you’re getting the best product on the market.
Get your ultimate ferro rod kit today and surprise your loved ones with a unique gift they won’t forget!
4. Fire-Fast Trekker. Best Emergency Waterproof Survival Fire Starter. Magnesium and Euro Fire Steel Ferro Rod. Compact Durable Tool for Bushcraft, Camping, Backpacking, Hiking, Hunting, or Bug Out Bag.
The best ferrocerium available on the market to create the highest quality firestarter with this product.
Ferrocerium is 76% Rare Earth Metal, 20% Iron, 2% Magnesium, and 2% Anti-corrosives, with no other additives.
To bolster the firestarter, used Military Grade Magnesium Rod to produce an intense heat and flame, even in the worst of conditions.
The handle is made of hardwood for a sure grip, and can be scraped to produce dry tinder in an emergency situation.
The striker/scraper is made of hardened steel, sharpened to create a burst of sparks.
To top it off, the paracord is rated at 550 lbs. tensile strength, made in the US by certified US govt contractor, and won’t break or rot.